It’s happening! Mostly online, so more of you can join the party. And because it’s online, the party can go on and on!
THANK YOU to the kind writers, librarians, YARN staffers, PR gurus, journalists, and bloggers who have made this summer such a success! Writing really is all about community, and I feel very lucky to have been welcomed into a bigger and better one than I could have imagined.
- 5 Daily Themes writing prompts, blog about what it means to be a writer, a FREE excerpt, and Sweepstakes on Figment!
- Thursday, June 27: YA Highway interview!
- I’ll be doing a series of live Wednesday evening workshops at the Belmont Library, starting on July 10 with a book event.
- Polyphony H.S. will be hosting a series of original blogs, starting with a free excerpt on July 8, “Sometimes, It Will Downright Suck.” Then, on July 15, I offered 5 Ways to Play with Your Words–a fun, summery way to jump-start your writing. Then I mused on being happy writers and unhappy writers in “Sunny Side Up,” on July 22. My final installment on July 29, is about “Why I Avoid Bookstores“–yes, it’s true.
- Tuesday, July 9: Word for Teens guest blog about my sucky experience chasing YA trends, plus a giveaway
- Monday, July 15: Live Book Launch at at the Weston Public Library! 7pm–books provided by Wellesley Books. Bring friends! I’ll also have a raffle, signing, and other fun stuff
- Also Monday, July 15: FREE LIVE WEBINAR about “Writing Compelling, Authentic Dialogue.” Be sure to REGISTER HERE.
- Young Adult Magazine, guest blog about Young Adult vs. New Adult
- “How I Met My Agent” on the Writer’s Digest blog
- Terra Elan McVoy asked me some awesome questions about writing, guilty pleasures, and envy, for an interview on her blog!
- My alma mater, the UC Berkeley English Department, interviewed me–these questions reminded me of my English major days, in a good way I really had to THINK about my book and answers.